It’s great to see that there are many companies that value the skills and experience of veterans, and are actively seeking to hire them in a variety of roles. Here is some general information on a few of the jobs listed:
- LPN/LVN Homecare – CA: Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) or Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) are responsible for providing basic medical care to patients in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, nursing homes, and private homes. They work under the direction of registered nurses or physicians and are responsible for tasks such as taking vital signs, administering medication, and performing basic medical procedures.
- Field Sales Representative – TN: Field Sales Representatives are responsible for promoting and selling a company’s products or services to potential customers. They may be required to travel to different locations to meet with clients and attend industry events, and must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with customers. Sales representatives may be required to have a bachelor’s degree or several years of experience in sales, as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- IT Applications Developer – CA: This type of position typically requires a background in computer science or a related field, as well as experience with programming languages, databases, and software development. An IT Applications Developer will design, develop and maintain computer applications, this role is also responsible for troubleshoot, testing and improving applications.
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Lorton, VA: This job typically requires experience operating heavy machinery such as bulldozers, excavators, cranes, and backhoes in a safe and efficient manner. Operators may be required to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and be able to read and understand engineering and construction plans.
- Network Consulting Engineer – Quantico & Arlington, VA: This position is responsible for designing, implementing and troubleshooting of networks. Network Consulting Engineers typically have experience in Cisco or Juniper products, and have a strong understanding of routing, switching, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Biomedical Equipment Technician – Norfolk, NE: Biomedical Equipment Technicians are responsible for maintaining, installing, and repairing medical equipment. They may be required to have an associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or a related field, and must be able to understand and interpret technical manuals and schematics.
- Account Executive – Miami, FL: An Account Executive is responsible for managing existing client relationships and identifying new business opportunities. They must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, and will be required to develop and deliver presentations, proposals, and other communications.
- Intel and Geospatial Roles – DC Metro Area: This could encompass a variety of roles, but many positions in intelligence and geospatial analysis require strong analytical skills and experience working with data and maps. These roles might involve working with satellite imagery, GIS systems, or other forms of data to support military operations.
- Field Service Engineers – NE and Mid-Atlantic Regions: Field Service Engineers are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment at customer sites. They may be required to have a background in electrical, mechanical, or computer engineering and must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment.
- Project Manager-Construction – Miami, FL: A Project Manager in construction is responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and construction of building projects. They must have experience in construction management, architecture or engineering, and be familiar with building codes, safety regulations, and contract management.
- Assistant Project Manager-Construction – Miami, FL: Assistant Project Managers work under the guidance of Project Managers and assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of construction projects. They may have a background in construction management or a related field and will be familiar with construction software, industry standards and regulations.
As you can see there is a wide range of careers available to veterans.