Delaware State Veteran’s Benefits 2020

Delaware State Flag

The state of Delaware provides several veteran benefits. This RAO Bulletin attachment offers a brief description of each of the following benefits.

  • Housing
  • Financial Assistance
  • Employment
  • Education
  • Recreation
  • Other State Veteran Benefits

Veteran Housing Program

The Delaware Veterans Home

The Delaware Veterans Home, established in 2007, is a long-term care facility located on 24 acres in Milford, Delaware. The Home offers skilled nursing care on four units with a total of 150 beds. Their mission is to provide outstanding long-term care services to Delaware veterans that uphold dignity and respect while sustaining and improving their quality of life. Their vision is to be a recognized state and national leader in long-term veteran care, and a driving force in providing the best in nursing care, family wholeness, and ultimate enrichment for our heroes.

Image of the Delaware Veterans Home

Delaware Veterans Home. 100 Delaware Veterans Boulevard, Milford, DE  19963

At the Home, residents enjoy the comfort of modern accommodations as well as the convenience of common living and dining areas for socializing with new friends. Assistance with daily living activities is available whenever needed. From personal grooming and hygiene to diet and exercise, their team is there to help. They adjust their level of care and support to meet each resident’s needs and preferences. In addition to the everyday comforts of home, they strive to provide their residents with special veterans’ programs that are not found anywhere else. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Flag Day and Veterans’ Day are very special days at the Home, and are celebrated in ways that residents genuinely appreciate. Other ways that they make daily life more enjoyable include a wide range of daily activities, including games, arts and crafts, entertainment, and day trips.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily in the main dining room. The dietary staff coordinates the selection of all menu items to ensure nutritional value and compliance with any unique dietary needs as well as resident preferences. A Canteen is available for lighter fare or a change of scenery. The Home will take care of your loved one’s housekeeping needs and also provide other essential services for a safe, healthy and dignified experience at the facility including laundry services available at a minimal cost. The facility provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy as needed. There are no defined visitors’ hours at Delaware Veterans Home. Family members have 24-hour access to our facility. Frequent visits are encouraged in order to maintain relationships and friendships. Our library is also equipped with computers with internet/Skype access for keeping in touch with far-flung relatives and friends.

Call 302-424-8572 or email [email protected] for admission are amplifying information. The Admissions Coordinator will work with you to begin the admissions process. This process will include an in-person medical assessment. Overall the process can take as many as 30 days. Admission to the Home is dependent upon meeting each of the three requirements listed below:

  • Military Service: Honorably discharged from active service (peacetime or wartime), or any National Guard Service or Reservist who has served on active duty at least 180 days (does not have to be consecutive), and who is eligible for retirement pay at age 60.
  • Residency: Applicant must have resided in the State of Delaware for 3 years or more prior to application.
  • Level of Care: Must meet federal and state requirements for receipt of a skilled nursing home level of care.

Financial Assistance

Pension Benefits for Paraplegic Veterans

Each paraplegic veteran eligible for benefits hereunder shall receive a pension from the State of $3,000 per year payable in equal monthly installments at the end of each month in which such veteran is eligible. The veteran must file evidence with the Pension Office that: he/she is a paraplegic and fully disabled to the extent that he/she has no voluntary control over either of his/her legs, and he/she is listed on the rolls of the U.S. Veterans Administration as totally disabled for the cause, and the disability is a direct result of service in the armed forces of the United States while the United States was officially at war or during a period when the United States was engaged in hostilities with another nation as a member of the United Nations.

State Income Tax

Persons under age 60 receiving pensions from employers, the United States, the State or any subdivision thereof, may deduct up to $2,000 off of their federal adjusted gross income. Amounts received as pension by persons age 60 or older from employers, the United States, the State or any subdivision thereof may deduct up to $12,500 off of their federal adjusted gross income.

No Charge for Notary Services for Veterans

The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs provides no fee notary service for veterans, dependents and their families.

Copy of Death Certificate

The State Registrar shall furnish a certified copy of a veteran’s death certificate for no fee to the next of kin acting on behalf of the veteran for settlement of the veteran’s affairs.

Pension Benefits for Paraplegic Veterans

A paraplegic veteran eligible for benefits shall receive a pension from the State of $3000 per year payable in equal monthly installments. The veteran must file evidence with the Pension Office that he/she is a paraplegic and fully disabled; and the disability is a direct result of service in the armed forces of the United States during a period of war. For additional information, contact the State Pension Office at (302) 739-4208.

Veteran Employment

You’ve gained invaluable skills and experience in the military and the State of Delaware is looking for talented people just like you. From Accountant to Zookeeper, you’re sure to find the perfect job. When you work in State Government, you make an impact on the lives of people in your own neighborhoods and communities. The State of Delaware has over 1500 job titles that may need to be filled at any time based on an agencies’ needs. The jobs are found on the Delaware Employment Link. They have both Merit and Non-Merit opportunities, so make sure you look in both areas. You can even sign up for email alerts with their Merit jobs, so that you never miss an opportunity. Make sure you also check out their Job Seeker Resources and their Featured Careers for valuable information. Watch the video tips and meet their people on the YouTube channel. They even have Career Counselors that can discuss your education and employment history to find out what jobs might be a good fit!

State Employment Veterans Preference

Veterans preference shall be provided to earned ratings with ten points granted to disabled veterans and five points granted to all other eligible veterans. Any preference points for which a veteran would qualify may be claimed by his or her unmarried widow, widower, spouse of a member of the armed forces who is POW or MIA, or spouse of a veteran who is totally disabled.

All veterans shall be required to obtain a passing examination mark before preference credits. Employees in the classified service who, while in good standing, leave or have left the state service to engage in military service shall be given credit for seniority purposes for the time served in the armed forces not to exceed three years. Any preference points for which a veteran would qualify after complying with the provisions above, may be claimed by his or her unmarried widow or widower providing he or she achieves a passing examination grade. To claim preference you must meet one of these categories and submit the necessary forms:

  • Form 1300 must be submitted for spouses of any member of the armed forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for the priority, is listed in one or more of the following categories and has been so listed for a total of more than 90 days: 1. Missing in action; 2. Captured in line of duty by a hostile force; or 3. Forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
  • Form NGB-22 must be submitted for Delaware National Guard members and widows or widowers who have not remarried, and spouses of Delaware National Guard members with a disability.
  • Form DD256 must be submitted by Delaware Reservists who did not serve active duty.

All forms must be dropped off at one of the Department of Human Resources (DHR) offices or faxed to (302) 739-2327 by 4:30 p.m. on the business day following the closing date on the posting. Veterans requiring additional Information regarding DD214’s may contact the Commission of Veterans Affairs at 1-800-344-9900.

Tax Credit for Employers Hiring Veterans

Veteran’s Tax Credit in Delaware will be 10 percent of a qualified veteran’s wages, up to a maximum of $1,500. Employers may take the credit the year a veteran is hired and the two subsequent tax years. According to the new law, a “qualified veteran” is anyone who has served in a hostile environment such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

License and Permits for Military Spouses

Professional Regulations will issue a 6 month temporary occupational license, when required, to a military spouse relocating in Delaware. The temporary license will allow for the spouse to obtain employment in their discipline, pending application for endorsement or reciprocity.

Employment Services

  • Wilmington: 4425 N. Market St, Wilmington, DE 19809 -Cleopatra Jones, LVER ([email protected]) Tel: 302-761-8077 & Allen Jones, DVOP ([email protected]) Tel: 302-761-8141.
  • Newark: Pencader Corporate Center, Bldg 225, Suite 211, Newark, DE 19702 – Lisa Smith, DVOP([email protected]) Tel: 302-451-3457.
  • Dover: Blue Hen Corporate Ctr., 655 S. Bay Rd, Ste. 2H, Dover, DE 19901- Kevin Gunning, DVOP([email protected]) Tel: 302-857-5870 & Danica Ellison, DVOP([email protected]) Tel: 302-857-5881.
  • Georgetown: 20093 Office Circle, Unit 207, Georgetown, DE 19947 – Gail Gartner, DVOP ([email protected]) Tel: 302-858-5232.

Unemployment Insurance Claims

File your initial claim for unemployment insurance benefits online by clicking on the “Start My Claim Now” button at Because the use of Internet technology may be new to some claimants, the Delaware Department of Labor’s Division of Unemployment Insurance has published some assurances about the privacy and security of the information submitted for an unemployment insurance claim. To read these assurances, please press the “Assurances” button. If you are having difficulty using this site or need to view information for the Delaware Department of Labor’s Division of Unemployment staffed and automated hotlines, as well as the local offices click on speak to a Live Agent or click here to file an incident report or log a question for support staff.

Veteran Education

Educational Benefits For Children Of Deceased Veterans, Etc.

The State of Delaware provides educational benefits for the children of deceased veterans of the military services of the United States, military service personnel held prisoner of war and military service personnel officially declared to be missing in action. In order to qualify for this entitlement an applicant shall be: the child of a member of the armed forces who was killed while on active duty or who died from disease, wounds, injuries or disabilities arising or resulting from performance of duty; a member of the armed forces who is being held, or who was held prisoner of war; or a member of the armed forces officially declared missing in action; a person who at the time of application for benefits is at least 16 years of age, but not more than 24 years of age, and who shall have been a resident of the State for at least three years prior to the date of application; attending or admitted for attendance at an educational institution beyond the high school level in a program not to exceed four years in duration. The college need not be in the state of Delaware. For additional information, contact the Delaware Higher Education Office at (302) 735-4120.

Delaware National Guard Tuition Assistance

Up to 100% tuition at state college/university or average of in-state tuition at private college or university in Delaware.

College & Trade Schools Military/Veterans Affairs Coordinators

Readjustment Counseling

  • Vet Center (New Castle Co.) Tel: .800-461-8262 x5434
  • Vet Center (Kent Co.) Tel: 800-461-8262 x2430
  • Vet Center (Sussex Co.) Tel: 302-225-9110

The Vet Center provides counseling services for:

  • Post-Traumatic Stress and Other Disorders
  • Military Sexual Trauma
  • Marital/Family problems
  • Bereavement

Vet Center services are provided at no cost to eligible veterans who served in combat areas and their families or to those who experienced sexual trauma or bereavement challenges without combat area restriction.

Veteran Recreation Benefits

State Park Admission

Any active duty member or veteran with an honorable discharge, including members of the Delaware National Guard who live in the state and own a motor vehicle registered in Delaware gets a 50% discount on the annual fee for vehicle entrance to state parks and recreational areas.

Hunting, Trapping and Fishing License for Active Duty Military

Any member of the Armed Forces while stationed within the State shall be deemed a resident of the State for the purpose of obtaining a license.

Hunting, Trapping, and Fishing License for Disabled Veterans

Veterans with a disability rating of 60 percent or more by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs may obtain a no-fee license. For additional information, contact the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) at (302) 739-9918, or visit their website at:

Veteran Burial Benefits

Indigent Veteran Burial

The state Adjutant General provides out of funds appropriated to the Delaware National Guard for the proper interment of each and every indigent soldier, sailor or marine who shall have served in the Army, Marines, Navy or Air Force of the U.S. in any war in which it has been engaged and been honorably discharged there from, who shall at the time of his or her death be a resident of this State leaving insufficient means to defray the expenses of interment. At present there is space available to accommodate casketed and cremated remains.

Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery Burial

Veterans of the Armed Forces of the United States, their spouses and dependent children (under 21 years of age and not married or having a verifiable life-long dependency on eligible Veteran) may be interred at the Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemeteries. Eligibility requirements are prescribed by the National Cemetery Administration and the following criteria constitute eligibility. Eligibility for interment extends to:

1. Any Delaware resident who was honorably discharged from the armed forces of the United States, other than active duty for training (ADT), or reservist who have served more than 180 days of active federal service. Federal active military service does not have to be consecutive.

2. The Veteran’s spouse, upon pre-qualification of eligible Veteran.

3. Legal resident of Delaware, means the Veteran must have been a:

  • Legal resident of Delaware at the time of death; or
  • Legal resident for a period of 3 or more years (does not have to be consecutive); any cumulative period of 3 or more years, regardless of residency at time of death; or
  • Legal resident of Delaware when he or she entered the Armed Forces of the United States.
  • Any Delaware National Guardsman or Reservist:
  • Eligible for retirement pay at age 60 regardless of residency
  • Who served on active duty (other than for training) for 180 days or more (does not have to be consecutive)

Burial Benefit covers:

  1. One grave site (double depth) is authorized for an eligible veteran and his/her spouse.
  2. There is no charge for the grave site or the interment service for an eligible veteran at the Cemetery. There is, however, a minimal charge for the interment of a veteran’s eligible immediate family member(s) for the opening and closing of the grave and marker foundation. The fee shall be determined and regulated by the Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs.
  3. A flat bronze marker for the veteran and immediate family member will be furnished by the Department of Veterans Affairs at no cost and is required.

Application: Go to to complete a burial application on line. Submit this application using the “Submit” button. Then also you must send a copy of your Discharge, Separation (DD-214) to the cemetery of burial choice: (Do not send the original). There are two burial sites. Submit your application to whichever you desire. Mail to:

  • New Castle County Cemetery, 2465 Chesapeake City Road, Bear, Delaware 19701 | Tel: (302) 834-8046/F3787 | Email: [email protected]


  • Sussex County Cemetery, 26669 Patriots Way, Millsboro, Delaware 19966 | Tel: (302) 934-5653/F5647 | Email: Gregory Bee: [email protected]


Other State Veteran Benefits

Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs

The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs is available to help you navigate the many federal, state, and local resources and benefits available to veterans. They can be reached at (800) 344-9900 (In DE) or (302) 739-2792 or via Whether you have a specific question or would simply like them to help identify programs and benefits for which you may be eligible, their Veteran Service Officers (VSO) are standing by to help. VSO’s are trained and accredited by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to provide assistance to veterans, their dependents, and survivors. This includes not only applying for federal and state benefits but also providing resources related to the following:

  • Compensation and Pension
  • Health Care
  • Education & Training
  • Employment
  • Burial & Survivor
  • Housing
  • Transportation
  • Military Records
  • And more

To locate a VSO in your area refer to:

  • New Castle County, Lisa Smith Email: [email protected]. Primary Office: Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 2465 Chesapeake City Rd., Bear DE, 19701. Alternate office: U.S. Veterans Affairs Regional Office (VARO), 1601 Kirkwood Hwy, Wilmington DE, 19805. Phone: (302) 365-8231.
  • Kent County, Joshua Matticks Email: [email protected]. Commission of Veterans Affairs, 802 Silver Lake Blvd., Suite 100, Dover DE, 19901. Phone: (302) 257-3119.
  • Sussex County, Laurie Corsa Email: [email protected]. Delaware Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 26669 Patriots Way Millsboro, DE 19966. Phone: (302) 648-3068.

Wilmington VA Medical Center

The Wilmington VA Medical Center is a member of the Veterans Integrated Service Network 4 which includes 8 other facilities in Philadelphia, Coatesville, Lebanon, Wilkes-Barre, Altoona, Butler, Erie, and Pittsburgh. The hospital has an approved authorized/operating bed capacity of 60. Also included within the hospital is a 40 operational-bed Community Living Center for extended care. Both are accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Wilmington VAMC operates Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) to service Delaware and southern New Jersey. These CBOCs are located in Georgetown, DE; Dover, DE; Vineland, NJ; Northfield, NJ; and Cape May, NJ.

Wilmington VAMC is classified as a Clinical Referral Level 2 facility. It is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art technology. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care.

Also located on campus is the VBA Regional Office, offering veterans the unique opportunity to obtain health care and benefits information at one location.

Welcome to the Wilmington VA Medical Center

Wilmington VA Medical Center, 1601 Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, DE 19805

Tel: 302-994-2511 | 800-461-8262

Veterans Preference – Admission to Governor Bacon Health Center

The Department of Health and Social Services shall give veterans of World War I, World War II, the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam era who are eligible for admission to the Health Center a preference over other persons with respect to admission thereto.

Veteran Identification Cards via Delaware DMV

Veterans ID cards are being issued by the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles. This card is available to any Delaware veteran that served in the U. S. military and was honorably discharged. The cards are free of charge. To obtain the card, veterans must have a valid Delaware driver license or ID card and provide proof of military service, such as: Military ID / DD 214.

The Veteran Id cards are designed to verify an individual as a veteran in the State of Delaware, so that businesses can opt to recognize the contributions of those veterans who have faithfully served our country and represented our great state. It will also afford the veteran protection as they will no longer have to carry a DD-214, which contains sensitive information, to prove their veteran status in order to obtain the benefits provided by local businesses.

Please note that this card is not a military ID card and does not entitle veterans to all military benefits. Veterans would need to contact the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) to determine the federal benefits in which they are entitle. Also, some business only offer discounts/benefits during certain military holidays/events such as Veterans Day/Memorial Day.

Veterans Health Identification Card

  • Purpose of the VHIC: The VHIC is for identification and check-in at VA appointments. It cannot be used as credit card or an insurance card and it does not authorize or pay for care at non-VA facilities.
  • How to Receive a VHIC: The VHIC is issued only to Veterans who are enrolled in the VA health care system. If you are not enrolled, you may apply for enrollment online at by calling 1-877-222-VETS (8387) Monday –Friday from 8 am-8 pm ET. You may also apply for enrollment in person at your local VA medical facility. Once your enrollment is verified, you may have your picture taken at your local VA medical center, so that a VHIC can be mailed to you. We will mail you a Veterans Health BenefitsHandbook and you will also receive a call welcoming you to the VA, typically with 5-7 days after your enrollment verification.

Requesting Military Records

The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs (DCVA) is the repository for veterans’ military discharges (DD Form 214) or similar documents of active duty service. If you were a Delaware resident at the time of entry into the service or had a Delaware address at the time of discharge, you may contact the DCVA office at (800) 344-9900 or (302) 739-2792, to inquire if we have a copy on file. Veterans and their next of kin can also request a copy of the service member’s DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) from the National Archives at The DD Form 214 is necessary to establish eligibility for veterans’ benefits. Veterans interested in permanently recording and/or storing their service records e.g. DD 214 for future use, please visit the DCVA office

DCVA Newsletter

The Delaware Commission of Veterans Affairs publishes a quarterly newsletter. Copies of the newsletter are provided at no charge to veterans and their dependents. You can sign up to receive the newsletter by email at or contact the Commission office at (800) 344-9900 or (302) 739-2792.

Certificate of Appreciation

The State of Delaware provides a “Certificate of Appreciation” signed by the Governor. Eligibility requirements: A current resident of the State of Delaware or resident when he or she entered the Armed Forces of the United States and honorably discharged. You may obtain an application online at www.veteransaffairs.delaware.govor contact the Commission office at (800) 344-9900 or (302) 739- 2792

Veterans Trust Fund

The Delaware Veterans Trust Fund provides assistance to Delaware’s veterans in financial crisis. Established in 2013, it has brought relief to veterans in need of help with reintegration, housing, utilities, and incidental expenses for health and welfare. It also provides an opportunity for individuals, businesses, and organizations to show their support for Delaware’s veterans with contributions to the Trust Fund. Donations may be made online through the Friends of Delaware Veterans, Inc. at or mailed to the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund, 802 Silver Lake Blvd, Suite 100, Dover, DE 19904. Delaware residents may also elect to contribute a portion of their tax refund to the Trust Fund with their State Personal Tax Form. Donations are tax deductible on your federal tax return as defined in United State Code (USCS), Title 26, Section 170 and on your state tax return per Delaware Code, Title 30. 100 percent of your donation goes towards assisting a Delaware veteran. For more information on the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund, or to obtain an application for assistance, you can call your Veterans Service Officer or the main office at (800) 344-9900 or (302) 739-2792.

Delaware Veterans Home Fund

The Veterans Home Fund is used for the operation of the Veterans Home in the State of Delaware. The Division of Revenue has provided a space on the Delaware State Income Tax Return form so that an individual may voluntarily designate a contribution to the Delaware Veterans Home Fund. Other individual contributions can be mailed to the following address: Delaware Veterans Home Fund, Department of the State, 401 Federal Street, Suite 3, Dover, DE 19901.

Special License Plates

Special License Plates are available through DMV for: Former Prisoners Of War, Formerly Missing-In-Action, Purple Heart Recipients, Medals of Valor Recipients, Disabled Veterans, Delaware National Guard & Reserve Members, Retired Military, Korean War Veterans, Vietnam War Veterans, Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), Gold Star Lapel Button and I SUPPORT VETERANS. The best thing about the I SUPPORT VETERANS plate; is that all motorists can purchase it at a cost of $20 and half the cost will be donated to the Delaware Veterans Trust Fund. The trust fund is set up to provide financial assistance to veterans who are in need of temporary support. By purchasing this specialty plate Delawareans can show their support and encourage others to show theirs as well!

The owner of any private passenger vehicle or a truck with a 3/4 ton or less manufacturer’s rated capacity may apply to the Department of Transportation for the assignment to that vehicle of a special Prisoner-of-War (POW), Missing-in-Action (MIA), Purple Heart or disabled veteran (DAV) registration number.

Disabled Veteran Combined Special License Plate

A special license plate is available to those veterans who are eligible for both the Disabled American Veteran designation and the universally-recognized symbol for those requiring special parking accommodations. This benefit allows the veteran to park in a disabled parking space without having to go through a separate application process,

Registration and Inspection of Motor Vehicles of Disabled Veterans

A motor vehicle owned by a disabled veteran who is eligible for ‘adaptive equipment’ benefits (which includes, but is not limited to power steering, power brakes, power window lifts, power seats, and special equipment necessary to assist the eligible person into and out of the automobile or other conveyance) shall be exempt from the payment of registration fees (limited to one automobile per eligible veteran at any one time).


American Legion tag

Delaware Veterans tag

Disabled American Veterans tag

Disabled American Veterans with Special Parking tag

Delaware Veterans American Legion Disabled American Vets DAV/ Special Parking

Gold Star Family tag

Korean War Veteran tag

Ex Missing in Action tag

National Guard tag

Gold Star Family Korean War Veteran Missing In Action National Guard

Operation Enduring Freedom tag

Operation Iraqi Freedom tag

Pearl Harbor Survivor tag

Ex-POW tag

OEF OIF Pearl Harbor Survivor Prisoner of War

Purple Heart tag

Reserve Forces tag

Submarine Service tag

Support Veterans tag

Purple Heart Reserve Forces Submarine Service Support Veterans

Retired Military

Veterans of Foreign Wars tag

ietnam Veterans tag

Retired Army tag

Retired Coast Guard tag

Veterans Foreign War Vietnam Veteran Army (Dept of) Coast Guard

Retired Marine tag

Retired Navy tag

Retired Air Force tag

Marines Navy (Dept. of) United States Air Force


Valor - Air Medal tag

Valor - Air Force Commendation tag

Valor - Army Commendation tag

Valor - Bronze Star tag

Air Medal Air Force Army Bronze Star

Commendation Medal Commendation Medal

Valor - Distinguished Flying Cross tag

Valor-Distinguished Cross tag

Valor - Navy Commendation tag

Valor - Navy Cross tag

Distinguished Distinguished Navy Commendation Navy Cross
Flying Cross Service Cross Medal

Valor - Silver Star tag

Silver Star

Veterans Outreach Programs

  • Peoples Place II – Mike Rowe (Listening Post–Lower Delaware) Tel: 302-422-8033×173
  • Veterans United Outreach of Delaware – Michael L. Snyder Tel: 302-678-1285
  • Connections/Supportive Services for Veteran Families:
  • New Castle County – Eulita Smith Tel: 302-250-5868
  • Kent County – Mindy Bacchus Tel: 302-518-5338
  • Sussex County – Gary Boas Tel: 302-332-0913
  • Veterans Mult-Services /Supportive Services for Veterans Families: Paula Witcher Tel: 302- 505-0849
  • Veterans Awareness Center:
  • Veterans’ Stand Down/Military Women’s Tea/Homes for Disabled Warriors/“Give a Vet a Smile” Liz Byers-Jiron Tel: 302-349-4898

Veterans Justice Outreach Program

DLA Piper, a world renowned law firm and the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Veteran Justice Outreach

Program recognize the importance of removing barriers to making positive changes in one’s life and making services to improve veterans’ life situation more accessible, including legal services. If needed call

Local: 302-468-5670 or Toll Free: 855-872-5911

Pro Bono Representation for Veterans

Widener Law Clinic – Tel: 302-477-2090 (

Veterans Treatment Court Program

The Veterans Treatment Court Program assists justice-involved veterans with mental health and substance abuse issues to obtain necessary services and reduce recidivism. For assistance contact:

  • Miranda Klein, Veterans Court Case Manager (New Castle Co.) Tel: 302-255-0646
  • Melissa Ridley, Veterans Court Case Manager (Kent Co.) Tel: 302-735-1915

Retiree Activities

  • Retired Activities Office: MSgt (R) Bill Oldham ([email protected] Bldg 520, Room 105, Dover AFB, DE 19902 Tel: 302-677-4610
  • Retired Navy Activities Affairs Office: Naval & Marine Corps Reserve Ctr Tel: 866-827-5672

For additional contact information and benefits assistance refer to:

[Source: | July 2020 ++]

1 comment

Comments are closed.